France is a holistic and complete study destination and as such there is no dearth in terms of specialisation and subjects of study. It is a wonderful country, its people are appealing, welcoming, and open-minded.
The nation has a major presence in the modern world and is a huge contributor in the fields of arts, science, architecture, fashion, technology, politics, philosophy, trade, archeology and economics. Hence, the popular courses offeredin the country include MBA, Art and design and IT .
France is the world’s sixth largest economy due to educational system’s quality and the national capacity for research and innovation. Frenchmen are known for their in-depth knowledge of science, their business sense and rich culture. The successes of French scientists, engineers, and designers are known around the world through Airbus, the TGV-high-speed train, the Arianne rocket, the discovery of the human immune-deficiency virus, high fashion and luxury goods, fine wines and cuisine. If you wish to choose management, political science, engineering or arts and humanities France is the right place to be.
More than 2,30,000 International students choose to study in France each year, and with opportunities this country provides, it’s easy to see why France.
If your interests take a more political, philosophical or economic turn, France is a great place to study. France is the world’s fifth largest economy, and as such commands a lot of political clout in organizations such as NATO and the United Nations.
Cost of study and living in France
- At Universities: are very nominal & can vary between EURO 120 to EURO 680 per annum.
- At Grand Ecoles: the fees ranges between EURO 3,800 to EURO 15,500 per annum.
- Accommodation: EURO 120 to EURO380 per month
- Food: EURO 130 to EURO 150 at university restaurants per month.
- Health Care: EURO 380 to EURO 750 per month.
- Miscellaneous (transport & leisure): EURO 100 per month
- The above costs are indicative and can vary from person to person & between universities
Study and visa requirements
There are three kinds of student visas available, depending upon the length of studies in France as indicated in the letter of enrollment:-
- A Schengen visa, multiple entries, for a stay up to 3 months: the student should use the short stay visa application form.
- The temporary long stay visa (from 3 to 6 months), multiple entries, is valid for the whole stay. The student does not need a residency card. The student uses the long term visa application form.
- One year-visa (stay over 6 months): the visa is valid 3 months, 1 entry. The student should use the long term visa application form. Within this delay, and after the arrival in France, the students must complete the proper documentation with the French school or university; have to go for a medical check-up to a doctor from the National Immigration Office ( Office des Migrations Internationales). Then they should contact the Police Department (Prefecture de police) in order to obtain the student residency card (carte de sejour) and present there the visa, the original documents previously required for the visa, a birth certificate and the medical results.
Requirements for a student visa
- Passport signed and valid for a period of three months beyond the applicant’s last day of stay in France.
- The visa application forms signed and legibly filled out (consult your consulate for the number of copies received, and do note that you cannot make a copy of your application. Each application received must be filled out individually). Indicate your phone numbers and e-mail. Indicate the dates of stay. The form has to be filled with BLACK ink.
- A passport size photograph glued on each form.
- Prepaid self-addressed envelope if you apply by mail. Only Express mail, Priority mail, certified mail (a registered mail) will be accepted, if not the personal appearance will be required. Note that the personal appearance is the basic rule. (Assume you will need to make a personal appearance!)
- “Student” visa fee: payment by credit card (Visa, Mastercard) (especially for files sent by mail) or money-order made out to “Consulate general of France” or certified checks. Cash is accepted only if you apply in person. Do not assume you can pay by check.
Upon submitting the application candidates are also required to submit a copy of their passport. Original passports would only be required for authentication. The embassy has the reserve right for asking any other authentication. Incomplete applications would not be accepted. Visa processing depends upon the nationality of the candidate. All regulations consular fees or services are subject to change without any prior notice.
We can assist with admission and visa processing into any low tuition university, Call +2347037293057 or email email@example.com for more information.