Do you know that in every rule, there are always exemptions? Now not minding the force of pressure put by the organizers of TOEFL and IELTS on students as regards their admission based on their proficiency in English, there are some other countries abroad to study abroad without the TOEFL and IELTS screening. They are; United States of America, Australia, Norway, Germany Canada, Holland, Malaysia, India etc.
Australia has a country has many universities that do accept international students without the TOEFL and IELTS test exercise, they are;
- The University of Queensland, admission is granted if the student has worked in an English speaking work environment for at least five years.
- The University of Adelaide, here admission is given to students only if they accept to go for an English program before beginning the course.
- Macquarie University has the same requirement as the University of Adelaide
- Bond University, they offer their own alternative test to students
- The University of South Australia, they operate with the same condition as Bond University
- The University of Southern Queensland, they accept students whose secondary education’s medium of instruction was English
- The Swinburne University of Technology, they have the same condition as the University of Southern Queensland
Related Post:2019 List of Cheapest Tuition Universities in Japan
Norway has no much university that accepts students without TOEFL and IELTS. One of the universities that accept students without TOEFL and IELTS is the University of Oslo, but here it is only students from South Africa that are really exempted from the English language requirements, as students from other parts of the world may be required to undergo it.
Germany has a country don’t usually ask a student who has a bachelor’s degree in English or studied in a school where the English language was the official language for instruction. Some schools will just demand a recommendation letter from the student’s alma mater to be sure of their proficiency.
Canada is one of the most open countries that admit students without the TOEFL and IELTS test, as they consider students who had lived and attended schools for at least four years where English was the primary language used for teaching and learning. Some of their universities that accept students without TOEFL and IELTS test are; Brock University, Carleton University, University of Winnipeg, University of Regina, Memorial University, Concordia University
Holland, as a country has no much universities that accept students without TOEFL and IELTS test, the only university known for admitting students without these test, is the University of Applied Science and often students from South Africa.
Malaysia is one of the top countries for studies in Asia after Singapore. There is no much compulsory test for students who want to do their undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral study here, as the medium of instruction is more than eighty percent of Malaysian universities in English.
India is not an English speaking country, as Chinese is their native language, they have no need of TOEFL and IELTS as their requirements for admission. With its proliferated universities, some of its popular universities that do not need the TOEFL and IELTS include; the University of Delhi, the University of Mumbai, the University of Calcutta, and the Banaras Hindu University. The reason is that some of the most renowned Indian universities are using English as their teaching language.