You probably know Germany is one of the wealthiest countries in the world and according to the World economic forum, Germany is actually the wealthiest country in Europe using GDP metrics. 2014 saw massive changes in Germany, one of which was the removal of university tuition fees for undergraduate programs. So, this means that education, at least for the undergraduate level, is free in Germany but the question is: What should I know about studying on free tuition in Germany?
In order to study on free tuition in Germany here are some of the top things you should know
- To start with, you have to apply and gain admission into a German university because without a university offering you admission, you will not be able to study in Germany. The procedures is quite simple.
- Select a German university.
- Find out the requirements for admission into the university.
- Apply to the institution.
- Ask and find out if you can study in Germany. When inquiring what you should know about studying free in Germany, Your eligibility status is super important. If your country has diplomatic ties with Germany, you can study in Germany for free. A student visa is super important if you hail from a non-European union country.
- Another important thing to note about studying free is that free tuition is valid only in public (government owned) institutions, a few of the largest public universities in Germany are as follows:
- University of Cologne
- Ludwig Maximilians University Munich (LMU)
- Goethe University Frankfurt
- RWTH Aachen University
- University of Münster
- Ruhr University Bochum
- University of Duisburg-Essen
- Universität Hamburg
- FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Technical University of Munich (TUM)
Although the public schools in Germany offer free tuition, the quality of education is world class. The free tuition is more of a political decision and it in no way influences the quality of education an undergraduate can get. Schooling in Germany can open doors to your career and give you a head start in life.
- When trying to find out what you should know about studying free in Germany, an important point to take to heart is why tuition In German public schools is free. In Germany, there is a general belief that education, which brings about development and advancement should be treated as a commercial product. The belief furthers the line of thought that free university or higher education will lead to economic growth and improved welfare for the populace. Even the Private universities in Germany have very affordable tuitions fees, all these this just serves to further the German belief that affordable education improves the economy.
- Since going to study on free tuition in Germany, a student might want to know what the key expenses are. Some of these you should actively contemplate are:
- Visa: Before a visa is issued, you will have to show evidence of sufficient funds via your bank statement, the required amount is about $9,000 per year. This evidence will prove to the German authorities that you can cater for your needs and that you will not become a liability when offered provisional admission to study on free tuition.
- Once you have successfully proved, with your bank or sponsor’s statement that you can cater for yourself, you will have to plan for stuff like accommodation, food, personal items, utility bill and general academic expenditure. Small costs and large cost alike can make the free tuition to seem not so free after all and this lead me to the next point of what you should know about studying free in Germany.
University education in Germany is free but enrolment, administration and confirmation require a fee, if you are seeking to study in Germany on free tuition. Scholarships are definitely a fantastic option. Scholarships to study in Germany will certainly help you to pay your bills. With the fixed sum of money offered as a forgiveable grant or scholarship, a student will only pay for accommodation, feeding, clothes, books and even have a little extra to save and send back home. So, when applying to study for free in Germany ensure that you don to over the look thee free money that avails itself in the form of scholarships.
We do hope this article has played a role in answering the question of what you should know about studying free in Germany.
We can assist with admission and visa processing into any low tuition university, Call +2347037293057 or email email@example.com for more information.