Malaysia houses a vast array of cultures, a beautiful geography and a fascinating multicultural and racial capital city. Beyond Malaysia’s beautiful beaches and monuments, the Buddhist temples, Hindi shrines and mosques would keep all your senses occupied. Beyond its political stability, Singapore has one of the strongest economies in the world.
A side of Malaysia, popularly known as Peninsular Malaysia is where top ranked Malaysia universities are found, along with the most scintillating city life. The other part of Malaysia, Malaysian Borneo, borders Indonesia and is the quieter of the Malaysian halves, offering privacy, authenticity and jungle life.
UNIVERSITIES IN MALAYSIA
*Universiti Sains Malaysia
*Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
• For Foundation/Diploma programs: US$3000 to US$3500 per year
• For Degree Programs (3/4 years): US$4000 to US$5000 per year
• For Post-graduate programs: US$10000 to US$15000 for the whole program
COST OF LIVING IN MALAYSIA
The cost of living to study in Malaysia is RM10,000 which is about US$2,632 per annum. However, the cost of living in city areas is 10% higher. Thus, the low living cost coupled with the cheap tuition fee would definitely appeal to international students.
HOW TO OBTAIN A VISA
1. Acceptance into a higher education institute and a valid student card,
2. Take a Malay language course within their first year of study in Malaysia and,
3. Purchase medical insurance.
With the exception of the language course, this check list must be completed before applying for visa.
The earlier you prepare your visa, the higher your chances of securing a Malaysian visa.