The application process plus requirements for study abroad free scholarships:Flinders International Postgraduate Research scholarship will be discussed in this post.
Deadline: 14 Aug 2015 (annual)
Study in: Australia
Course program starts 2016
Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (FIPRS) will be awarded to suitably qualified international students to pursue a full-time research higher degree at Flinders University – up to two years for a Research Masters degree and up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree.
Flinders University, Australia
Field(s) of study:
All the eligible fields of research offered at Flinders University
Citizens/indigenes of all foreign countries except New Zealand
The FIPRS award will pay the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a research higher degree. It will also provide the awardees with generous living allowance paid at the rate of $25,849 (2015 full rate)
An FIPRS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
- Please note that applicants must satisfy the University’s minimum academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants will be required to complete at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Hons degree (this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must meet the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent research higher degree qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship.
Please see the official website for full eligibility criteria.
The closing date for applications is 14 August 2015. It is important to read the Application Guidelines and visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: