Skip to content

New Mexico State University Acceptance Rate and SATs






    Presently, New Mexico State University or NMSU or NM State is the oldest state-run tertiary institution in New Mexico. It has been in operation since 1888 and is one of the state’s flagship state-run universities. This institution sits on a 900 acre campus where it is home to 8 colleges for local and international students to choose from. This article will review the acceptance rate at New Mexico State University.

    You will also find the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences or ACES where local and international students can choose from 22 bachelor programs. Students will be taught important skills in key verticals such as agriculture, food production, hotel and restaurant management, tourism, clothing and fashion, animal sciences, to mention but a few.

    There is also an Arts and Sciences College which at the moment is the largest college in NMSU. They do courses in Fine Arts which include Creative Media that deal exclusively with modern media.

    Students are able to improve their business skills in the College of Business through any of the offered courses such as accounting, marketing, management, international business and information systems. You’ll equally find a PGA Golf Management program that the Professional Golfers Association of America (PGA) fully endorse and accredit.

    If you love being a teacher, then the College of Education is where you should be. You can learn many specialties from early childhood to special education. There are also many other graduate programs to prepare students for a career in academics and even clinical therapy through highly specialized courses.

    The Engineering college of NMSU awards degrees in the following fields: Chemical and Materials Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Engineering Physics, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering plus Engineering Technology and Surveying Engineering. These programs are across Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorate levels. You should apply and be part of this excellent university since the acceptance rate at New Mexico State University is reasonably low.

    Related Post:What is the Brock University’s Acceptance Rate?

    The College of Health and Social Services is a great fit for students who would prefer a career in social work, nursing and public health- super important professions that are needed in society.

    The NMSU equally has an Honors College for all selected scholars who are given the opportunity to do interdisciplinary research in a very vibrant and diverse community of scholars under the guidance of well trained faculty.

    All of the colleges mentioned above have graduate courses that are accessed through the Graduate School. There are more than 50 graduate-level programs available for both local and international students.

    Each class sees well more than 15,000 students made up of highly diverse ethnicity with Hispanics constituting about 45% and whites 20% with other minority races making up the rest of the 35%. Enrollment, when divided by gender,indicates more than half being female with 55% and 45% being male.About 80% of all students are undergraduates with graduate students making up the rest of the 20%. The student to teacher ratio stands at 16 is to 1.

    There are lots of students living on campus as well as many subsidiary housing options available for prospective students to choose from. You can choose the best that satisfies your housing needs.

    Student life as an Aggie from NM State have lots of exciting activities in sports because of the many intercollegiate athletic evvents. There are well over 30 student run clubs and organizations that allow local and internatioal students to pursue interesting social activities while meeting like-minded peers.

    What is the Acceptance Rate at the New Mexico State University

    The acceptance rate stands at 64% for all applicants and candidates should have an ACT score of 21, SAT average at 1030 and a GPA of 3.5.

    Related Post:What is the Acceptance Rate at Wilfrid Laurier University?

    You cannot copy content of this page