Deadline: December 31, 2015
Location: UNV Headquarter in Bonn, Germany.
Duration: 4-6 months.
UNV is providing the opportunity for a limited number of internships at its renowned headquarters in Bonn, Germany. The UNV Internship Programme will offer students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNV’s work and is designed to directly complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in development and volunteerism. Note that it it will also complement other studies such as international relations, communications, media relations and social sciences.
The objective of the internship program is to enhance the intern’s educational experience through practical work assignments and to allow selected candidates to gain insight into the work of the United Nations.
United Nations Volunteers is administered by UNDP.
- Education: Completed undergraduate degree (Bachelor) and current enrollment in a Masters degree or equivalent. Only those students who will return to their studies upon completion of their internship assignments are eligible;
- Field of study: Development-related fields such as economics, international relations, anthropology, sociology, public or business administration, or environmental studies. Other fields of study may be considered depending on the type of assignment;
- Language skills: Written and spoken proficiency in English and preferably in an additional official UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Chinese);
- Demonstrated interest in the field of development and the work of international organisations.
Cost and Benefits:
- The Internship Programme is operating on a non-remunerative basis. Please note that the costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the sole responsibility of the intern or his sponsoring institution or government.
- UNV will accept no responsibility for the medical insurance for the intern or for any costs arising from accidents and/or illness during the internship period. Applicants are required to provide evidence of adequate medical insurance coverage.
- UNV is not responsible for any claims by an intern or third party in the case of loss or damage to property or death or personal injury as a result of actions or omissions on the part of the intern during the internship period.
All completed applications should be forwarded to the designated contact person (as indicated in the TORs). Due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted and/or selected candidates will be contacted. Applications (in English) should include the following:
- An application form [MS Word]
- Recent curriculum vitae (CV);
- A cover letter indicating the motivation and reason for an internship with UNV as well as the preferred field of work.
Emergency contact: email@example.com
Click here to apply:
We can assist with admission and visa processing into any low tuition university, Call +2347037293057 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.