If you are considering studying medicine abroad in English, medical schools in Ukraine are one of the top rated destinations in the world. International students who hail from all over the world (UK, Germany, Scandinavian, India, Africa etc.) troop to Ukraine for its medical programs (medicine, dentistry, podiatry, and nursing etc.) mostly because of the low living cost, cheap tuition fees and quality of medical studies.
Although the main languages of instruction used in Ukrainian schools are either Russian or Ukrainian, some of the most popular medical faculties among foreign students are available in both English and in French languages. So in order to study medicine in Ukraine, majority of international students study in Russian or Ukrainian after successfully completing the prerequisite one year preparatory program of respective language, otherwise they can do their medical program in English at a slightly higher cost or French if the university offers medical program in English or French.
If you study medicine in Ukraine, you will benefit from the world class education of their universities, offering cheap tuition fee and living costs. Did you know majority of Ukrainian Medical Universities teaching Medicine (MBBS / MD), Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy, etc., have well more than 20 year experience of delivering medicine in English or French?
Although Ukrainian Medical degree is not automatically recognized by some of the European Economic Area members ‘countries, medical degrees awarded by the Ukrainian universities is still valid and recognized all over the world and eligible for MCI ( Medical Council of India) PMDC (Pakistan Medical and Dental Council ) , UNESCO, World Health Organization, HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa) SCHS (Saudi Commission for Health Specialties ),PLAB (The Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board) in the UK, USMLE(The United States Medical Licensing Examination ),MCC (Medical Council of Canada) for Screening test conducted by the National Board of Examination under each country etc.
To put into context, for you to work in India as a Medical practitioner, a medical graduate from Ukraine is expected to successfully pass the Screening Test for MCI (Medical Council of India). The moment you’ve passed the MCI test,you’ll be better appreciated more than those who graduated from Indian medical colleges, thanks to your exposure to European medical practices.
Related Post:How to Study Medicine on Cheapest Tuition in Estonia plus Tuition Fees
Nonetheless, Ukrainian medical degrees are not automatically recognised in all EU/EEA countries, so do your research on this.
Once you have completed your medical program, postgraduate students are afforded the opportunity to continue their clinical specialization (residency) and research projects during 3-6 years of postgraduate training and obtain the Medical, Dental or Pharmaceutical specialties or Ph.D. degree, under the guidance of experienced professors.
Why study medicine in Ukraine?
Thousands of international students are attracted to Ukrainian universities for several reasons, such as:
- Simplified application and admission process,
- Ability to study in English or French,
- Low tuition fees and living cost,
- Multicultural environment enriching and expanding student life and sense of life,
- Good quality of education,
Medical programs and Duration
Some of the most popular medical programs among international students in Ukraine are:
- Medicine: the length of the medical course is 6 years; the degree awarded is doctor of medicine (MD or MBBS);
- Dental: duration of the dental course is 5 years; degree awarded is bachelor of dentistry (BDS);
- Pediatrics: duration of the course is 6 years; degree awarded is doctor of medicine (pediatrician);
- Nursing: duration of the course is 2 years; degree awarded is bachelor of nursing.
- Dental orthopedic: duration of the course is 2 years; degree awarded is bachelor of dental orthopedic;
- Post graduate studies: duration of the study is 2-3 years;
Tuition fees for Studying Medicine in Ukraine
Infact, studying medicine abroad in Ukraine is one of the cheapest options in Europe and beyond. For majority of medical programs in English, tuition fees goes from 2600 to 3700 Euros/year.
A nice combination of cheap living cost (ex. accommodation: around 700 Euros/year; food and around 150 Euro/year) and quality of medical education, attracts thousand of international medical students looking to study medicine abroad.
Low Tuition Universities Offering Medicine in Ukraine in English
Ukraine is one of the international destination for students looking for Universities to study Medicine on low tuition. Ukrainian Medical Universities typically offer 6-year medical and dental, 5 -year pharmacy programs, 2 year nursing and postgraduate programs at lowest tuition fees.
- Bogomolets National Medical University;
- Bukovinian State Medical University;
- Crimea State Medical University;
- Danylo Halytsky Lviv State Medical University;
- Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy;
- Kharkov State Medical University;
- Lugansk State Medical University;
- I.Y. Gorbachevsky Ternopil State Medical University;
- M. Gorky Donesk National Medical University;
- Odessa State Medical University;
- Zaporozhya State Medical University
Related Post:2019 List of Low Tuition Medical Universities in South Korea