The University of Warwick is a world class campus university, based in Coventry in the heart of the UK. Founded on the principles of boldness, imagination and collaboration, Warwick is constantly among the top rated universities in the UK league tables. The university adheres to the highest academic and research standards, encouraging both local and international students to explore new pathways and create greatness, both within and outside of their coursework.
Historically, the University of Warwick located on the outskirts of the city of Coventry, England, first opened its doors to students in 1965.
In terms of Academics, the university is dedicated to research work. Warwick runs about 30 academic departments, grouped into four faculties: Arts, Medicine, Science and Social Science. To support this, the university built an extensive library boasting more than 13 kilometers’ worth of manuscripts.You’ll also find smaller campuses which are maintained at satellite sites.
Per recreational activities, Warwick runs a number of different student organizations and societies which cater to a wide range of interests. Additionally, the university runs one of the largest student unions in the UK. Several events are organized on campus, such as music events as well as visits from guest speakers.
Some of the most famous people that have attended Warwick include Conservative UK politician David Davis, and former Nigerian military head of state Yakubu Gowon.
- The University actively ensures campus accommodation for all new full-time first-year undergraduates (excluding MBChB since this is a graduate entry program), provided that the incoming students accept an offer from Warwick as their main choice and apply online for accommodation by the deadline issued when accepted applicants confirm their admission offer.
- There are a number of campus residences to suit your tastes, all within a 15-minute walk from the main academic and social buildings.
- There are equally also off-campus bed spaces available in Coventry, Kenilworth, and Leamington Spa that can be reserved by Students returning to campus.
- The university was built close to a popular road, rail and air links.
- You’ll find bus stops across the beautiful campus, with regular bus services happening to from Coventry, Kenilworth and Leamington Spa. National coach services equally operates close to the campus.
- Train stations are also not too far way; infact, London is just an hour by direct train from Coventry, and Birmingham is a 20-minute train journey.
- Birmingham International Airport is also closeby and easily accessible. Bursaries and Scholarships
- Warwick Undergraduate Bursaries: This is about £2,000 a year, for students with average family income of £35,000 and below and who meet further eligibility criteria. It’s awarded automatically to winners; students who apply for student finance must give consent for their financial information to be shared with the institution.
- There are also additional bursaries equivalent to £1,000 for students who meet the eligibility criteria for the Warwick Undergraduate Bursary with additional circumstances, viz: care leavers, mature students, or students with a disability or caring responsibilities. This support is made available to students who identify as independent for student financial support. There may also be assistance with placement and study abroad tuition fees.
- There also other financial awards such as: sporting and musical bursaries and scholarships made available by charitable trusts and commercial organisations. The Multicultural Scholars Programme and Warwick Scholars Programme is made available for students from under-represented communities in higher education, donations made by alumni and friends of the university.
- The Warwick Sanctuary Scholarship scheme provides tuition fee and living cost support to eligible students who are seeking asylum in the UK.
- Please refer to the university website for eligibility criteria and application information for all bursaries and scholarships.
Ranking and Reputation
Warwick WA ranked 54th in the recent 2019 QS World University Rankings, and 65th in the CWTS Leiden ranking, 101-150 by Academic Ranking of World Universities and 79th= in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. Also this year, it ranked 172nd among the universities around the world according to ranking report by SCImago Institutions Rankings.
It also ranked 4th in Europe in the Times Higher Education (THE) European Teaching Rankings 2018, beaten to the top 2 spots only by Oxbridge and the Sorbonne.
Warwick is consistently ranked amongst the top ten in the three major national rankings of British universities. Warwick is a member of the ‘Sutton 13‘ of top ranked universities in the UK. Warwick was declared as The Times and The Sunday Times University of the Year 2015.
In 2017, Warwick was named as the university with the joint second highest graduate employment rate of any UK university (along with St Andrews), with 97.7 per cent of its graduates in work or further study three and a half years after graduation.