Skip to content

Study free: Visa process for Germany and Finland

    visaOnce you’ve gotten an invitation or admission to study free in either Germany, Finland or Norway. The next step is to apply for a student visa. Please note that student visa requirements vary from country to country. This article will take a look at how to apply and get a visa or a study permit to study free in Germany or Finland.

    Applying for a visa to study in Germany

    If you hail from an EU country or a citizen of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, you would not need a visa but for others citizens they will need a visa, once you’ve received an admission letter the next thing to do is to apply for a visa. To apply for a German visa, you need be in possession of the following very important documents as these will be needed at the embassy;

    Evidence of financial resources

    To show you can take care of yourself you will need to provide evidence of your financial capability. This evidence will include

    • Security on a blocked account (8000 Euro)
    • Proof of parents’ income and assets
    • Bank guarantee
    • Someone whose place of residence is in Germany agrees to assume the costs for you
    • Scholarship from a recognized scholarship foundation

    Apart from the above mentioned documents, the following will also be needed;

    • Certificate showing your fluency in German or English language
    • Health certificate
    • Admission letter
    • Your national passport or travel document with at least 6 months to expiration

    Once you have all these documents, kindly contact the German embassy in your home country to apply for your visa.

    Applying for a visa to study in Finland

    To study in Finland, a student will need to apply for a visa. To be issued a finnish visa, the embassy will request for the following documents;

    • Evidence of financial resources

    Non EU/EEA students need to show they have of 560 pounds which is the least requested by the immigration agents, it is advised you have about 900 Euros monthly.

    • Admission letter.
    • Your national passport or travel document with at least 6 months to expiration.
    • Passport sized colour photographs, not more than 6 months old.
    • It is very important to be able to show Ties or Obligations to return to your home country after your study.
    • Bank statements showing up to six months transaction details, must show sources of income.

    How to apply

    Visit the countries embassy with the necessary documents and you will be told what to do.

    NOTE: It can take a lot of days, weeks or even months to get the visa so the earlier you start, the better.


    You cannot copy content of this page