- The 5th annual delegate conference will be hosted at Stanford University, CA.
- Usually 24 delegates will be selected from a diverse pool to come to Stanford.
- During the last conference at Stanford, about 32 delegates from a pool of over 500 applicants were selected.
- Applications will be accepted until September 15th. No extensions will be provided.
- Be 18 – 28 years old.
- Have innovative/creative ideas and well thought-out initiatives that could effect positive change in the world around them.
- Have initiatives addressing political, social, or economic issues pertaining to the Middle East in innovative ways.
- Demonstrate the potential to further understanding between the respective regions and demonstrate potential to influence American-Middle Eastern affairs.
Delegates will be selected based on the level of their dedication to promoting change in the MENA region and/or in U.S.- MENA relations. AMENDS will also heavily consider the past experiences and backgrounds of each delegate that will enable him/her to contribute a unique perspective to the conference, in order to ensure a rich, diverse group of delegates.
Accepted delegates will:
- Display or present a 10-12 minute video talk about their initiative at Stanford University. Hosted on our channel, these talks have nearly over 70,000 views.
- Participate in a networking dinner.
- Receive financial and logistical assistance with flights and visas to and from Stanford, CA. Accommodations and food will be provided.
- Attend workshops and talks at Stanford. In the past, this has included a talk by Prince Moulay Hicham, a workshop on presenting by the Stanford Graduate School of Business, and a workshop on design thinking by the Stanford d.school.
- Join and take leadership in the AMEND Fellows Network, a self-sustaining network of 120 former delegates. For the past 3 years, a separate conference has been held annually for fellows at Koç University in Istanbul, Turkey.