Crimea State Medical University (CSMU), founded in 1918, is one of the best medical universities in Russia. The institution was formerly part of Ukraine but now is a Russian medical University, and has so far been making tremendous contribution in the medical world. CSMU has the federal status of the autonomous medical institution. Medical graduates from this reputable institution can chose to work as a Doctor either in Russia or anywhere else in the world after clearing the screening exam of the other respective countries.
READ ALSO: Best Medical Universities in Alabama, USA
Russia’s Crimea State University has become a world-class medical university where international students can to study the several branches of medical courses including MBBS, BDS, and others.
Courses Provided by the Crimea State Medical University
Crimea state medical University in Russia offers so many medical courses to national and international students. Out of the over 20,000 medical universities globally, Crimea state medical university has been ranked 1,3572 on the list.
The courses this university offers includes:
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Bachelor in Pharmacy (B.Pharma)
- Children Specialized Medical Courses
- Nursing Courses
- Other Medical Foundation Courses
How to Obtain MBBS from Crimea State Medical University
The Crimea Medical University offers MBBS, which is internationally recognized and a choice of lots of students who seek admission into the MBBS program at the university. The World Health Organization (WHO), MCI, and other top medical bodies recognizes MBBS programs from Crimea State Medical University.
The duration of the MBBS course from Crimea University is 6 years just as stipulated in other countries. The courses offered are balanced between the academics and the period of Internship. During the first 5 years, the students are taught the basic, intermediate and the advance knowledge of the medicines, and are provided the practical exposure to apply their knowledge in the last year of the Internship program.
Courses at Crimea State Medical University
Here is the list of major subjects of study which are in the MBBS course curriculum.
- Human Anatomy General Medicine and Surgery
- Forensic Medicine and others
Tuition fee at Crimea State Medical University
The tuition fee at Crimea University for medical courses are affordable. Students who wish to study MBBS program from Crimea University should acquaint themselves with the tuition fee structure for the six-year study period.
- First Year Fee- $ 5200
- Second Year Fee- $3500
- Third Year Fee- $3500
- Fourth Year Fee- $3500
- Fifth Year Fee- $3500
- Sixth Year Fee- $3500
Note that the fee structures listed above includes the fee for the hostel accommodation, so students won’t have to separately pay for it.
Scholarship Program of the Crimea State Medical University
The CSMU also offers scholarship to both national and foreign students. The scholarship is provided on merit and financial status of the students.
There are also special provisions made for student’s scholarship based on their nationality. Take for instance, the Benjamin Gilman scholarship program is applicable for the students from United States. There are some other scholarship programs to the students.
For more information, visit the official website of the Crimea Federal University to get the full information about the scholarship programs available.
Before applying for scholarship, go through the eligibility criteria of the scholarship offered at the university.
Climate of the Crimea State Medical University
The climate of Crimea fluctuates greatly, with serious climatic changes every year. For international students who want to study in this institution, you need to know that the winter in this region is longer than the summer. The winter temperature may get very low, while the summer temperature may just be average. The best weather to enjoy in Crimea is the Spring, where you enjoy a balanced weather.
Generally, the climate becomes bearable as you adjust and get used to it.
Facilities Provided by the Crimea State Medical University
The CSMU provides certain basic facilities to its students to make their studies more comfortable. These facilities includes:
- Spacious hostel facilities which is in proximity to the university campus.
- The hostel facility has been arranged taking into consideration the unisex study environment.
- Large auditorium for the regular classes with your own study space.
- 24/7 medical facilities for the students.
- Playground and the gym facilities.
This is a list of other medical universities in Russia, arranged in no particular order.
- Northern State Medical University
- Rostov State Medical University
- Omsk State Medical University
- Russian Education Center – Medical University in Russia
- Amur State Medical Academy
- Arkhangelsk State Medical Academy
- Astrakhan State Medical Academy
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Chechen State University
- Chelyabinsk State Medical University
- Chita State Medical Academy
- Chuvashia State University, Medical Faculty
- Medical Academy named after S.I. Georgievsky of Vernadsky CFU
- Dagestan State Medical University
- Khabarovsk State Medical Institute
- M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
- Irkutsk State Medical University
- Ivanovo State Medical Academy
- Izhevsk State Medical Academy
- State Classical Academy(Moscow), Faculty of Medicine
- Kabardino-Balkarian State University, Medical Faculty
- Kemerovo State Medical Academy
- Kirov State Medical Institute
- Krasnoyarsk Medical Academy
- Kuban State Medical University
- Kursk State Medical University
- Tver State Medical Academy
- Kazan State Medical University
- Kirov Military Medical Academy
- Mordovian Ogarev State University, Faculty of Medicine
- Moscow Medical Stomatology Institute, Medical Faculty
- Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry
- Moscow State University (M.V. Lomonosov)
- Nizhny Novgorod State Medical Academy, Faculty of Medicine
- North Ossetian State Medical Academy
- Medical Institute of North-Caucasian State Humanitarian Technological Academy
- Novgorod State University(Jaroslav the Wise), Faculty of Medicine
- Novosibirsk Medical Institute
- Omsk State Medical Academy
- Orenburg State Medical Academy
- Orel State University, Medical Institute
- Penza state medical university
- Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, Faculty of Medicine
- Perm State Medical University
- Petrozavodsk State University, Faculty of Medicine
- Rostov State Medical University
- Saint Petersburg State Mechnikov Medical Academy
- Saint Petersburg Medical Academy of Postgraduate Studies
- Saint Petersburg State Pediatric Medical Academy
- Saint Petersburg Medico-Social Institute(SPb MSI)
- Saint Petersburg State University, Faculty of Medicine
- Samara State Medical University, Medical Institute
- Saratov State Medical University
- Siberian State Medical University
- Smolensk State Medical Academy
- Stavropol State Medical Academy
- Tambov State University, Faculty of Medicine
- Tver State Medical Academy
- Tyumen State Medical Academy(TSMA)
- Ural State Medical University
- Vladivostok State Medical University
- The Volgograd State Medical University
- Voronezh N. N. Burdenko State Medical Academy
- Yakutsk State University
- Yaroslavl State Medical Academy, Medical Faculty