Coventry University is a public research focused university based in Coventry, England. Prior to been awarded a University status accreditation in 1992, it was known as Lanchester Polytechnic until 1987, and then as Coventry Polytechnic.The main campus is based in the city of Coventry and the London campus is just an hour away by train. Coventry was recently voted the 3rd happiest university city in the UK by Sodexo and it’s not surprising many graduates choose to stay on for postgraduate qualifications. As a student you’re both signing up for a great city experience and a campus with a thriving community.
Student experience is a topmost priority for the university, which is proud to be ranked as the number one university in the UK for student experience.TheHub is the heart of student life on coventry campuses and a brilliant place to meet like-minded people and potentially life-long friends.
With international students making up a significant portion of the student population, there are plenty of opportunities to meet people from all walks of life while studying one of the 250 courses available. Coventry University inspires international students to change their own life chances, and those of their home communities, through excellent practical knowledge and a truly British experience because it understands the unique needs of international students and supports them before, during and after enrolment.
Coventry University is ranked 531 in the latest QS World University Rankings by TopUniversities. It also has an overall score of 4.4 stars according to student reviews on Studyportals, one of the best places to find out how past and present students rate their study and living experience at universities from all over the world.
Sponsorship and funding
Coventry University is offering multiple new scholarships to international students in 2019. They understand the financial constraints of studying abroad, and therefore offer hundreds of scholarships of different values, up to GBP 5,000, and covering a wide selection of eligibility criteria. These include specific scholarships for students from certain regions or countries as well as rewards for outstanding candidates with specific abilities. Scholarships available include:
- International Academic Excellence – May and September 2019 – Undergraduate
- Country Award May 2019
- International Academic Excellence – May and September 2019 – Postgraduate
- GREAT Scholarship China – Postgraduate
- Country Award Tier 1 September 2019
- ASEAN Scholarship
- GREAT Scholarship Turkey – Postgraduate
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
- Engineer of the Year
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- UK City of Culture
- Health Practitioner of the Year
- European City of Sport
Courses you can study at Coventry
- Computer science
- Computer Science
- Business & economics
- Business & Management
- Economics & Econometrics
- Accounting & Finance
- Clinical, pre-clinical & health
- Other Health
- Engineering & technology
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- General Engineering
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Life sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Sport Science
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Social sciences
- Politics & International Studies (incl Development Studies)
- Communication & Media Studies
- Arts & humanities
- Languages, Literature & Linguistics
- Art, Performing Arts & Design
- History, Philosophy & Theology
- Physical sciences
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
Accommodation for International Students
- Accommodation options to suit a range of budgets and personal requirements, subject to availability. Rent for university-owned accommodation often includes utility bills and contents insurance.
- The university encourages all international students who are admitted to live in the university accommodation as this is a fantastic way to connect with people and adapt quickly to university life in a new country.
- At Coventry university, university-owned accommodation cuts across self-catered options in a student village environment, or rooms in catered halls. You’ll realize that most first-year accommodation is within a short walk of the university’s city-centre campus, where lectures and other facilities are based.
- Coventry University London equally offers a number of accommodation options that are close to campus.There are halls of residence that include studio and en-suite room options, with either private or shared communal facilities. The university has gotten into a partnership with University of London Housing Services which helps students who search for private housing options.
- CU Scarborough equally has a number of local accommodation options for freshmen, all of which are within walking distance of the campus, town centre and beach.
Related Post:Low Tuition/Free Universities in Europe
Typically, admission requirements vary according to the region an applicant is applying from, and what program they are applying for. Thus, accepted entry requirements and the levels can be found, based on the country of application.
For a number of undergraduate programs, students are expected to achieve an IELTS score of 6.0 or an equivalent English qualification, and they will be required to provide evidence of their English language test when they submit their application.
For students who desire to top up their English language skills, Coventry University does pre-sessional English courses so that students can gain the required level of language skills needed to move on to their undergraduate or postgraduate programs. It will help better prepare these students for the demands of the academic world, and is also a fantastic opportunity to meet other international students who are looking to study at Coventry University.
Average tuition fees per year
Costs per year