Major American Universities make headlines today these days because of their five digit tuition fees. But averagely, the cost of studying in the US is roughly $28000 for public universities and could go higher in private universities. Most community colleges might charge quite less as low as $500, but the highly selective ones could charge as high as $49000 per academic year
Cost of Living(International Students).
Living Cost: You should budget roughly $10000 to $12000 (per year) for expenses. But an average of $700 to $1200 per month should be fine
The amount mentioned above would cater for your room and board, travel and food expenses.
- Books and other study materials should cost roughly $500 to $1000 per year.
- Travel expenses within the United States will be between $300 and $800 approximately.
- Room and Board stands between $3000 and $8500 approximately per academic year. AYou might spend an additional $1000 to $3000 during vacations when your hostels might be closed
- If you will be living off campus, be informed that the cost of renting a room will be between $300 and $700 a month, but could be much higher depending on the location of the house. Meals outside might be about $2500 a year, depending on your eating habits.
- Clothing cost might be $500 or more annually
- Personal expenses should be $2000 approximately per year
Study in Canada
Canada is certainly an awesome place to study in. Universities in Canada are much cheaper and affordable for international students. There are several work and study opportunities. The cost of study will very likely depend on the course of study, but most international fees is about $5000- $7000(£9,300) per year. For a comprehensive list of low tuition universities in Canada, click here:
Cost of Living
|Books||$ 500 – 1,000|
|Food||$1,600 – 2,100|
|Other (transportation, entertainment, personal expenses)||$1,500 – 2,000|
|Total||$6,265 – $7,765/ter|