Carleton University is a Public University situated in Ottawa and Ontario, Canada. The university was founded in 1942 as Carleton College – non denominational evening college which was used to serve the veterans coming from World War II. The university has over 140,000 alumni worldwide and since its creation has offered study programs in the areas of legal studies, administration, public policy, political management, political science, international affairs, computer science, aerospace engineering, international business and humanities.
Carleton University has over 30,000 students, of which 26,000 are undergraduate and about 4000 are postgraduate students.
Carleton University Ranking
Carleton University is ranked among the top 19 best universities in Canada and among the top 1000 in the world. According the 2019 international academic ranking of world universities, the University of Carleton was placed in the 701-800 range. The 2020 QS World University Rankings placed Carleton University in the 651 -700 range and 19th in Canada.
Carleton University Acceptance Rate
Students need to know the acceptance rate of the university they are applying to, so as to ascertain their chances of getting admission into the school. Carleton University acceptance rate is 73%. What this means is that, 11 out of 15 people that apply actually get admission into the university.
Carleton University Tuition Fees and Cost of Living
A tuition fees charged by Carleton University varies and depends on the study program. For the 2019/2020 academic year, students will be expected to pay between $15,058 to $21,448(CAD) per year for all study programs except MBA program where the tuition fees range from $28,500-$29,774(CAD) per academic year. Cost of living on the other hand is estimated at $1300(CAD) per month to cover the cost of feeding, accommodation, books and supplies etc.
Carleton University Admissions
If you are applying for an undergraduate program in Carleton University, you have to meet the university’s admission criteria. High school/Secondary schools education is the minimum required for entry into an undergraduate program. Your grades in your high school certificate will be used to determine if you qualify for admission into Carleton University.
Please note that some programs might have additional entry requirements. It’s important that you contact the university to get a more program specific requirements.
Also, proof of English language proficiency is needed for admission into the university. Applicants can proof their English language skills by presenting English language test scores or providing evidence that their previous education was conducted in English language. Applicants who come from countries like UK, US, Canada or any other English speaking country don’t need to provide proof of English language proficiency. Applicants for graduate programs are usually required to submit a good first degree result with transcripts showing courses offered, write statement of purpose, CV etc. They are also expected to demonstrate proof of English language proficiency.
How to apply for admission
Carleton University accepts online application for admission. But before you start your admission ensure that you follow the steps below:
Ø Check application deadlines and requirements for your program
Ø Apply online and track your application
Ø Send all required supporting documents before deadline
Ø Receive admission offer
Ø Accept and confirm the admission offer
Please note that you will be expected to pay $100 as application fees before you submit your admission application to the university. Endure you fund your credit card before you begin your application.
List of other universities in Canada
- University College of the Fraser Valley
- University of Alberta
- University of Alberta Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry ( AB )
- University of British Columbia
- University of British Columbia Faculty of Medicine ( BC )
- University of Calgary
- University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine ( AB )
- University of Guelph
- University of Guelph – Humber
- University of King’s College
- University of Lethbridge
- University of Manitoba
- University of Manitoba Faculty of Medicine ( MB )
- University of Moncton, Edmundston
- University of Moncton, Shippagan
- University of Montreal
- University of New Brunswick
- University of New Brunswick, Saint John
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of Ottawa
- University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine ( ON )
- University of Prince Edward Island
- University of Regina
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Saskatchewan College of Medicine ( SK )
- University of St. Jerome’s College, University of Waterloo
- University of St. Michael’s College
- University of Sudbury
- University of Toronto
- University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine ( ON )
- University of Toronto, Scarborough
- University of Trinity College
- University of Victoria
- University of Waterloo
- University of Western Ontario
- University of Windsor
- University of Winnipeg
- Vancouver Career College ( BC )
- Vancouver College of Art and Design ( BC )
- Vancouver Community College
- Vancouver Film School
- Vancouver School of Theology
- Vancouver University Worldwide
- Vanier College
- Victoria University Toronto, University of Toronto
- WESTERVELT COLLEGE
- Wilfred Laurier University
- York University
- Yukon College