The Beijing Government is now offering scholarships to international students from developing countries to study for Undergraduate, Master’s and Doctoral degrees 2015 annually at reputable Chinese universities
Accepted Subject Areas: All Courses offered at universities in China
The Beijing Government Scholarship (BGS) was established by Beijing Municipal Government, it aims to provide full or partital scholarships to economically disadvantaged international students studying or applying to study in Beijing. Its administrative office which regulates these scholarships is the International Cooperation and Exchange Office of Beijing Municipal Commission of Educations, which is also in charge of project establishment, review, acceptance and daily management of the Beijing Government Scholarship Program. Note that all international students applying for the Beijing Government Scholarships shall be required to submit relevant materials to universities in Beijing that they hope to study in. With this in mind, you should submit your university application to Chinese universities by the end of February 2015.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Known
1) Applicants must foreign nationals of developing countries. Chinese students are ineligible to apply.
2) Educational Eligibility
- Applicants for undergraduate studies in China should have completed their senior high school with excellent grades and must be under the age of 30. Applicants for Masters degree programs in China must have gotten Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35. Applicants for Doctoral degree studies in Beijing must have Master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for advanced studies must have an undergraduate degree or be in the second year of a university course and be under the age of 50. Applicants for long term language study must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 60.
- Visiting scholar candidates in Beijing must have a Masters or higher degree or hold academic titles of associate professor or higher, and be under the age of 50.
3) Requirement for the applicant’s language proficiency is based on the requirement of the academic programs and determined by the individual higher learning institution.
4)Please note that applicants who receive financial support from other Chinese government scholarship programs or organizations/agencies would not be eligible for the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students and should not apply
Number of Scholarships Awarded: several
The Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship scheme for International Students only covers tuition fees. According to the applicants’ status, the allowance for scholarship students can be classified into 5 types:
- 40,000 RMB/year for a Doctoral degree
- 30,000 RMB/year for a Masters degree
- 20,000 RMB/year/ for a Bachelor degree
- 10,000 RMB/year for a Senior training or long term language program
- 5,000 RMB/year for Exchange students or students with outstanding contributions to international education in Beijing.
Length of Scholarships
- Applicants for Bachelor, Masters and Doctoral Degrees in Chinese universities and colleges in Beijing region: duration of scholarship will be under 4 years.
- Applicants for Chinese language training or relevant advanced studies in Chinese universities and colleges in the Beijing region: the duration of scholarship should be under one year.
- Scholars and international students for specialized training in Chinese universities and colleges in Beijing region: the duration of scholarship should be under one year.
- Exchange students or students with outstanding contributions to international education in Beijing: the duration of scholarship should be under one year.
Eligible Countries: Only International and developing countries students
Scholarship Country: Applicants applying for these scholarships will only be eligible for these scholarships if they choose institutions and specialties from only Chinese institutions of higher education in the Beijing region.
Application Deadline: All application materials should be handed to the relevant university or college before the end of February every year
How to apply
Please visit this homepage for more information on how to apply:
Visit scholarship webpage for details
Sponsors: Beijing Municipal Government