African Leadership Academy is a world class two – year pre-university boarding school in Johannesburg, South Africa that identifies young leaders within the ages of 16 to 19 from across the continent and the world with demonstrated leadership potential, a passion for Africa, entrepreneurial spirit, and a track record of community service. ALA seeks to transform Africa into a prosperous and peaceful continent by developing a powerful network of over 6000 African and Global leaders who will work together to address the challenges facing Africa.
These selected young leaders are then brought together for, South Africa. ALA continues to cultivate these leaders throughout their lives in university and beyond by providing on-going leadership training, supporting their growth through access to internships and careers and connecting them to high impacts network of people and capital that will empower them to create transformative change.
Applicants who fall within the age range of 16 to 19 will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Strong, ethical leadership
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for Africa
- Commitment to service
- Academic achievement
The admission cycle for ALA class of 2016 is as follows:
- September 4, 2015 – Applications open (online application opens shortly afterwards)
- October 31, 2015 – Early decisions applications close
- December 2015 – Early decision finalist activities
- December 15, 2015 – Regular decisions applications close
- January 8, 2016 – Notification of final early decision selections
- December 2015 to February 2016 – First round review of regular decision applications
- January 2016 to February 2016 – Finalists selected and invited for finalists activities
- January 2016 to March 2016 – Finalist activities (Interviews, group activities and entrance examinations) or phone interview
- April 15, 2016 – Notification of final regular decision selections
Tuition and finances
A student’s ability to pay tuition is not a factor in admissions decisions. The value of financial awards is determined after admissions decisions have been made. Fees charged to a given student will be based on a family’s financial means. Students from financially disadvantaged backgrounds who are accepted to the Academy will receive large financial aid awards, while families with financial means will be expected to make significant contributions towards their student’s fees.
After graduation from ALA, the guidance counseling department at ALA will work with you in finding the best university for your undergraduate program. ALA has a track record of sending its graduates to top universities such as: Duke, Harvard, Stanford, Oxford and Yale etc with partial and full scholarships.
All ALA students who graduate from universities will work with the career department in ALA in finding suitable jobs. ALA has strong relationship with top companies around the world. Companies such as Mckinsey, BCG, Coca-cola, Shell and a host of other companies. Till date, ALA has placed over 60 out of 80 of its alumni university graduates in the above mentioned companies.
How to apply
Students can apply for admission online via the internet, email or by post. Those who wish to apply online can access the online registration portal through this link,
Or send enquiries to email@example.com
We can assist with admission and visa processing into any low tuition university, Call +2347037293057 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.