Are you interested in studying in a country which has a just a bit of everything from sandy beaches, wild forests, medieval castles to vampires? Of course the vampire one is a joke, but if you fancy all the others, then maybe consider studying in Romania on low or cheap tuition. This beautiful and diverse country is full of historic interest, beautiful landscapes, friendly people, and a nice combination of European cultures. And, while vampires do not exist here, those who are interested in the field can join the multitudes of tourists keen to visit historic sites such as Bran Castle, considered the real-life inspiration for the spooky home of Bram Stoker’s Dracula.
How to Apply to Study in Romania
To study in Romania, you should be at least 17 years old. The documents required when applying to Romanian universities are as follows:
- Application document for diploma recognition (EU, EEA or Swiss applicants)
- For undergraduate applicants: a duly signed copy of the Baccalaureate Diploma or equivalent
- For postgraduate applicants: certified copy of graduation certificate
- Certified copy of academic record translated into Romanian, English, French or German
- Certified copy of birth certificate
- A medical certificate showing that the applicant does not have any contagious diseases and explaining the applicant’s health status
- Certified copy of your international passport
- A statement specifying that the applicant’s high-school diploma (Baccalaureate Diploma) enables him/her to apply for bachelor’s degree studies
- Language certificate, except for applicants coming from countries where the official language is the language of instruction (this certificate can be obtained from the university after passing a test before enrolment)
- Lastly, two recent photos of yours should accompany the application
Visas to Study in Romania
International students who come in from countries within the EU or European Economic Area (EEA), as well as those from Canada, Croatia, Japan, Moldova, South Korea, Switzerland, the US and Serbia do NOT need a visa to study in Romania. All others need to apply for a student visa prior to arrival in Romania. You will need a letter of acceptance to study at a university in Romania, from the Ministry of Education, in order to apply.Please note that student visas typically take up to two months to process. Once you have gotten to the country, you’ll be expected to extend your visa and obtain a residence permit. For more information, please do well to connect with the Romanian Office for Immigration within the Romanian Ministry of Administration and Interior.
You’ll basically need the following documents in order to successfully apply for a student visa:
- Letter of acceptance from Romanian Ministry of Education
- Proof of tuition fees payment for a year
- Proof showing sufficient means of financial support for the entire period indicated in the visa (approximately €2,500/US$3,153)
- Criminal record certificate or another document of the same legal value
- A proper medical insurance document for the entire period of the visa validity
- Approval of parents or foster parents in connection with the stay on Romanian territory for study purposes, if the student is a minor.
Please note that tuition fees in Romania vary from institution to institution. Usually they are in the range of €2,000 and €5,000 per year (US$2,500 – 6,300) depending on the program and where the student hails from. Note that medical degrees are slightly more expensive, costing about €7,000 per year
If you study in Romania, you’ll find plenty to explore… Like countries in Eastern Europe, Romania has in recent times gained a strong reputation for lively nightlife; you’ll find lots of live music, festivals, bars and nightclubs, as well as a good selection of theatres, galleries and museums. Many tourists to the country are enchanted by areas of natural beauty such as the Carpathian Mountains and the Danube Delta, and you certainly can’t leave without visiting at least a few of the country’s fairytale-like castles and fortresses, especially those in the Transylvania region. Above all, you’ll really enjoy studying on low tuition in this beautiful country
We can assist with admission and visa processing into any low tuition university, Call +2347037293057 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.