This is a study abroad free scholarship at Wellesley College USA in partnership with the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program to educate future African women
Eligible Field of Study: Courses offered at the university
As part of the Scholarship Program, Wellesley college will provide a total of nine (9) African women with holistic support that includes full scholarships, mentorship, counseling, and several internship opportunities. MCF Scholars at Wellesley college will amaze experiences, values, and skill sets that are necessary for success in the global market economy, that will in turn enable them to give back to their communities and home countries. The students will arrive in groups of three students each year for 10 years culminating sometime in 2019 or thereabout.
Scholarship Type: undergraduate degrees only
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars selected for the Program are:
- Academically talented: They value learning, and are driven to pursue and attain the highest levels in their education.
- Economically disadvantaged: They face significant financial barriers to accessing quality education.
- Committed to giving back: They are fired up to apply what they learn to improve their various underdeveloped communities.
- Future leaders: They are committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
Number of Scholarships: Nine
Value of Scholarship:
- Comprehensive scholarships: Financial support for tuition, fees, books and supplies, room and meal plan, and more.
- 21st-century skills: Training in skill areas relevant to employment success.
- Transition assistance: Mentoring, career counseling, leadership development, and other life-skills coaching
- Internships and career opportunities: Access to job opportunities across the African continent
- Give-back support: Experiential learning and opportunities for volunteerism and community service
Duration of Scholarship: Four years
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Wellesley College USA
Application Deadline: 3 December (early decision) 30 January (regular decision)
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
All applicants to Wellesley, who apply for financial aid and meet the criteria for The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program, will be considered for the Scholarship. You do not need to complete additional forms or take additional steps at this time.
Finalist candidates for the Scholarship will be contacted by the Admission Office (after they submit their applications to Wellesley) and asked to conduct a Skype interview.
Visit scholarship webpage for details
Sponsors: MasterCard Foundation
Important Notes: Even if you are not awarded this scholarship, Wellesley is committed to meeting 100% of demonstrated need for all admitted international citizens who have applied for financial aid during the admission process. Its purpose is to support highly qualified candidates who could not otherwise attend Wellesley.
We can assist with admission and visa processing into any low tuition university, Call +2347037293057 or email email@example.com for more information.