Are you an international student seeking a fully paid internship in the United States? Do you want to apply your programming skills to make a difference in the world? The renowned TechChange has opened its summer fellowship program for deserving recent graduates and rising college juniors and seniors. The internship program will in-depth and practical training in web development as well as a unique exposure to a range of applications and organizations using technology to tackle a variety of global challenges — from creating prosthetic limbs with a 3D printer to combating malaria with mobile devices.
As a fellow you will spend three months designing and implementing a web development project related to education, technology, and social good. TechChange staff will provide training, mentorship, and a series of events to support you in this process.
- One-on-one mentorship with TechChange staff
- Well organized Field trips to organizations working in technology and social change
- An event series on a range of topics related to technology and social change
- A $2,000 monthly stipend for 3 months.
- A round-trip plane ticket to DC from a location within the US
- Support with job placement at the conclusion of the fellowship
- You must be a current junior, senior, or a recent graduate
- You must have at least one year of experience in computer science or web development
- You must Possess an interest in international relations, international development, humanitarian work, and social good
- You must be self-starting and willing to have a little fun too
- Be a US citizen or have legal working status in the US for the duration of the fellowship
Please note that this internship program is open to non-US citizens living outside of the US willing to cover their own visa & travel processes and expenses and non-US citizens based in the US with student visas or other legal working status. Unfortunately, we cannot supply visas or arrange travel for non-US citizens outside of the US.
February 15, 2016,
https://www.techchange.org/fellowship/ to apply