Accepted Subject Areas?
Applications are accepted for Master’s and Doctoral Courses by Research in any academic level as offered at the university
- Applicants should note that applications for these scholarships are usually very competitive.
- In most cases, successful ASI recipients have completed a Masters degree with a reasonable research component and have had several publications and relevant work and research experience.
- Please note that ASI Scholarships will be awarded purely on the grounds of academic merit. Extra-curricular activities will not be considered.
Who is qualified to apply?
- Applicants would be required to hold at least the equivalent version of an Australian First Class Honours degree. This is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year.
- Apart from this, another criteria that will be considered is the applicants undergraduate performance, bachelor and honors awards and scholarships, secondary postgraduate degrees, publications in internationally recognized journals, the presentation of conference papers and relevant industry experience.
- Full tuition fees for two years for a Master’s degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is given for doctoral programs only);
- A yearly living allowance of about ($25,849 in 2015) for the normal duration of the program; additionally
- If the recipient holds a subclass 574 visa, the award would cover the cost of compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) World care policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the period of the scholarship. If the award holder does not hold a subclass 574 visa then they would be responsible for the cost of health insurance.
Note this scholarship does not cover the cost of visa application.
Countries Eligible: International postgraduate students from all over the world are encouraged to apply.
Scholarship country: The renowned University of Adelaide, Australia
Application Deadline:30 April 2015
The university strongly encourages applicants to submit their applications and all necessary documents well before the closing daeadline. Incomplete applications at the scholarship application deadline will not be considered for a scholarship.
Offered annually: Yes