Google each year sponsors high school seniors and undergraduate students to pursue computer related courses in the United States or Canada. Applications are now being accepted from eligible students at high school, undergraduate, and graduate levels. Applicants are expected to be enrolled as a full time student at an American or Canadian University for 2015/2016 academic year. Successful students shall be awarded 10,000 USD for those studying in the United States, and 5,000 CAD (Canadian dollar) for those studying in Canada. Available courses include; software engineering, computer science, computer engineering and other relevant course fields.
Fields of study
Study courses under the scholarship include; computer engineering, computer science and other related courses. The scholarship covers for both undergraduate and graduate degree
Brief description of Scholarship
The Scholarship sponsored by Google is aimed at helping promising young computer scientist to be outstanding, empowering them to lead others in computer technology. In line with its policy, intending fresh men at a University must attend Computer Science Summer Institute (CSSI). Successful applicant at graduate and undergraduate level shall attend retreat come 2015
To qualify for the Scholarship, applicant must;
- Be currently studying at a university for 2014/2015 academic year
- Be willing to accept full time enrollment at an American or Canadian University for 2015/2016 academic year
- Must be studying computer engineering, computer science or any other field of study technically related
- Exhibit leadership qualities and an evidenced strong passion for computer technology
- Possess an excellent academic record
- Student should come from a minority group not well represented in the field of computer technology. They include; Persons with disabilities, Female, American Indian, Hispanic, African American etc.
- Student must be available to attend Google’s Computer Science Summer Institute (CSSI) in summer 2015.
Criteria for selection
Compelling strength of essay and quality of submitted documents shall form the basis for the award of scholarship
Closing date for application
Application ends 15th January 2015
All application forms can be downloaded from the official website
For further enquiries, please visit :