The Charles University through the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and sports offers a total of seven Scholarships to International Students or students from countries experiencing political and economic transition. The scholarship is both for undergraduate and post graduate studies at the University’s school of Social sciences for 2015/2016 academic year
Host institution and Country
Charles University, Czech republic
Level of Study
Undergraduate and Postgraduate level
Courses of study
Social science related courses
Brief description of Scholarship
The number of scholarship position available to international students is 7 and it shall be sponsored by the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and sports through Charles University for 2015/2016 academic year.
- Eligible countries
(Afghanistan, Gambia, Mozambique, Bangladesh, The Guinea, Myanmar, Benin, Guinea-Bisau, Nepal, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Niger, Burundi,
Kenya, Rwanda, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Somalia, Liberia, Tajikistan, Comoros,
Madagascar, Tanzania, Malawi, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Mali, Uganda, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Zimbabwe, Albania, Indonesia, Samoa, Armenia, India, São Tomé and Principe, Belize, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bolivia, Kosovo, South Sudan, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sri Lanka, Cape Verde, Lesotho, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Marshall Islands, Swaziland, Côte d’Ivoire, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Syrian
Arab Republic, Djibouti, Moldova, Timor- Leste, Egypt, Arab Rep. Mongolia, Tonga, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu.
- Applicant must be from one of these countries and must be applying for Undergraduate or postgraduate level (PhD students are not to apply)
Criteria for Selection
- Only Students with valid admission to the Faculty of social science is eligible for the scholarship
- Student’s previous result and strength of application document shall be considered by the review panel. However, students who have not studied abroad before shall be given preference
- All application must be received before the deadline
- The decision of the scholarship board for the award of scholarship is independent of the admission board
Method of application
All application must be done via post with the following included
- An essay of 1000 words or less explaining why you need the scholarship and what you hope to gain from Charles University
- Letters of recommendation preferably from two teachers of student’s previous study, including a statement of student’s financial status
- For students who can’t meet application deadline due to erratic postal service, copies of required documents should be scanned and sent via e-mail
- This notwithstanding, final decisions shall be made whenever original copies of documents are received
Deadline for application
30th April 2015
Application forms can be downloaded at
Applicants are advised to study in details the application procedure and to also visit the Scholarship Official website above.
We can assist with admission and visa processing into any low tuition university, Call +2347037293057 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.