Better Understanding for a Better World (BUBW) Conference is an international opportunity which began in 2006 with an annual conference in Orlando, FL. This conference was designed to give American high school students and international exchange students currently studying in the US the unique and life changing opportunity to meet students of diverse educational, cultural and racial backgrounds. This conference has been a huge success since inception where students benefit in ways that are truly impressive.
Youth are the hope of each nation, and the future of the world’s civilization is soon to rest in their hands. The most pressing issue they face today is how to view the “other”, people who are different from you. CECF aims to transcend the fear of the “other” through multicultural and interfaith dialogue and mutual respect and understanding.
Selected participants are expected to between the ages of 18-30 years( Call for Application). and NO AGE LIMIT for the Call for Paper. Highly motivated and intentional individuals, who demonstrate strong and ethical leadership through academic work, community involvement and extracurricular activities are encouraged to apply.
- Participants can be from any region of the world .
- Proficient in English.
- The participants should have a strong interest in interfaith and global understanding, pluralism, global citizenship, conflict resolution, and sustainable development.
- The participant are suggested to have a proven track record of previous and current activities on interfaith and global understanding, pluralism, global citizenship, conflict resolution, and sustainable development.
- Indicate a serious interest in learning about Indonesia with its pluralism.
- Be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful and inquisitive.
- Be willing and able to fully participate in the Better Understanding for Better World 2015 program.
- Be comfortable and prepared to share living accommodations, able to make adjustment to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
- International participants are highly recommended to have passports
Call for papers:
Grand theme: Better Understanding as a Grand Tool to Face the World and South East Asia Challenges
Subtheme: Leadership roles in the age of global village
Subtheme: The blessing of religious and cultural diversity
Subtheme: Conflict resolution in managing challenges of social changes
Each paper is original work without any issues of plagiarism.
15 finalists will be chosen and invited to present their papers during the international conference FREE Conference Fee (accommodation is excluded). There will be special rewards for the best paper presenters:
1st Best Presenter: IDR 7,500,000
2nd Best Presenter: IDR 5,000,000
Two Best Participants: IDR 1,500,000 each paper
Better Understanding of Better World Indonesia open two different ways of registration, which are Call for Application and Call for Paper. Participants from Call for Application will need to submit online application only. Meanwhile, participants have responsibility to pay all accommodation during the conference and transportation from home to Yogyakarta. There will be no registration fee. If participants apply for , they must submit online application form and paper related with our theme. Five best papers will be invited to the conference and present their ideas to BUBW conference. Chosen participants will not need to pay fee for accommodation during in Yogyakarta.
The deadline for call for papers is October 20, 2015
The deadline for call for applications is November 20, 2015.
To apply visit here.